A5 Xerox Art



I did my project based off of the art piece, "The Scream," by Edvard Munch. I was really inspired by this piece of work. I used several hands as an example to show the scream figure reaching for help. I covered my face with my hands over it like in the painting of his hands around his mouth. I incorporated my tattoo which represents the third eye. The third eye refers to the gate that leads to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness, it holds a deep spiritual and psychological importance. This connects to The Scream and his emotions of screaming in a picture, since it illustrates themes of life, mysticism, love, and death. The Scream represents Dadaism or Dada which is a form of artistic anarchy born out of disgust for the social, political and cultural values of the time.


Comments

  1. I remember seeing this project in class and thinking how cool it was that you incorporated your face. I think your face makes the project , and also makes the person admiring the piece immediately focus on that piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts